strange idling problem (DANGEROUS MAN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange idling problem (DANGEROUS MAN)

my gs650 when it first fires up runs great without the choke on. so my first thought was that it's rich. as it idles it slows down till it stalls. open her up and hit the start and i got to keep it running, STILL RICH. then i rev it a couple times it ramps up to about 2800 rpm leave it a minute it slows back down and stalls. my jets seal, floats are set at .880" within specs and i tried my air screws from 1-3 1/2 turns with no change also i have changed
    the 4 o-rings behind the carb mount rubbers. can anyone help me?
    Thanks in advance.

Check the choke linkage, make sure that it is turning off. What do you have for air filters??

Comment

My guess would be either bad carb boots/o-rings or dirty pilot system.

Comment

Does sound lean huh? Try the carb cleaner around the boots trick. My experience says a slow return to idle is a lean condition. How do your plugs look? Bob

Comment

After having gone through my carbs for the um-teenth time, I discovered that my "slow to return to idle" was caused by my throttle cable not being adjusted correctly (no free play) compounded by the fact that the bar end on the throttle was to tight - wouldn't let the throttle roll back!! 8)

Comment

Working...
          X