Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

83 GS750 engine swap INTO 86 GS750es ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750 engine swap INTO 86 GS750es ???

Hi there ya'll, it's been a while since I posted here ... but something has come up...
    a fellow on the local ottawa motorcycles newsgroup has approached me with an offer to install an engine out of his parts bike, that he claims runs just great ... for $500 installed (Canadian Funds) ...
    it sounds like a great deal... as with my SLIPPING SECOND GEAR, it is not that fun doing take-offs, and also, I would LOVE TO GET to a TRACK DAY, but would not even consider it until my tranny issues are resolved, one way or the other

Does it sound like that much of a difference between the 83 & 86 GS750 engines? I believe the 83 is more of a street bike style, and the 86 is more of a Sportbike... but I am just concerned that there will be odd issues that I am not currently accounting for ... such as chain/sprocket wear due to allignment issues, ...

would anybody with any suggestions mind sendin me an email?

thx
    (I don't get that many chances to check out thegsresources sometimes cuz if it's busy here @ work, then my boss is all over me like a hawk makin sure I'm not "F'in the D")

thankx again GS crew!

'83 was the first year for the new design 750 engine. Should fit.

Comment

Exacty same motor but the last couple of years had more HP. If you use your cams and carbs, better yet the entire head, it should give you the HP of your year model.

Comment

i didnt know there was a 750 motor in 86 i thought only 700`s or is this just an american thing 8) Mark

Comment

Just a U.S. thing because of the tariff Harley caused on bikes over 700cc.

Comment

Swapping parts of the engine's over?

Would it really be worth my time and money to switch over the head & carbs from the 86GS750es to the 83 750 motor?
            How much power differnce are we talkin between the 83 & the 86 stock?
            anybody got any ideas?

mine also has a hindle 4into1 ... I would like to think that would be no problem using on the 83' engine too?

thx guys!

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X