No announcement yet.

15W40/10W40/20W50 for GS650G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of those 'energy conserving' thicker weights maybe coming from the newer synthetic oils, like a 10w-50 or things like that. I have heard this about the pennzoil 10w-40 more than once, but I don't use it so I never really paid attention. I will go to wally-world and see. :twisted:

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to that , Ocean Isle rules. Maybe if everybody rode motorcycles...??? Its true, the EPA are not saints. They can serve special interests like the rest of them. I agree that we should not let people freeze if it comes to that. But I think we can do better with some kind of energy plan considering the level of technology that's out now. Problem is, its not profitable most often to implement new and better systems. The immediate costs and all of that........ :roll: but it could be a lot more efficient. Solar, new construction designs, natural gas carb conversions......

SUVs are not the problem. They are small in the big picture. Robert Kennedy Jr. probably runs his car wide open with no cats and bypassed smog control.

Comment

I would trust anyone who has CBX

Seeriously, energy conserving is a consatntly changing thing. Anything above a 10W-30 would have natutral drag characteristics that are not energy conserving. Sticking with the thicker oils is a better bet.

Comment

Well thank you saaz!! I`m on several bike list and that where lots of my info comes from. I have noticed where several companies are changing thier oils to the energy conserving type. I`m just sticking to the rotella...its cheap and good. On the EPA matter I`m all for anything that helps the enviroment but it has to be at least economical for the average guy. Like my 30 dollar a year emmision test...I`m OK with something like that. I must assume if not for big oil that alternative engine designs and more enviroment friendly engines would be far ahead of where they are at.

Comment

Working...
          X