Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel mixture off??

Hello everyone,
    I just rebuilt my carbs on my 83 gs450tx, well it was the first time for me..
    so i took it all apart and put it back together and i didnt have spare parts left so i think i got everything
    but I am unsure of how to adjust the fuel mixture, atleast i think thats the problem.
    It has a spark and the compression is good. But it doesnt fire up..

can anyone tell me how to adjust the fuel mixture?
    also i read things about adjusting the main jet.. but im not quite sure how much..

=) thanks looking forward to responses

Any help at all?

Comment

Hi Mr. madmaze,

Did you bench-sync your carbs before reinstalling them? I assume that we are talking about Mikuni BS34SS carbs. If so, start with the air mixture screw 2 turns out from lightly seated. Check my website for bench sync procedure notes and the "highest rpm method". Then you'll have to vacuum sync your carbs too. With only two carbs it's not hard. You can even make your own manometer very cheaply. The information is in the forum, just use the search feature. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks for the info =)
        I do have another question..

When I took my carbs apart, each pilot jet was plugged with a rubber stopper..
        Is there a plausible reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by madmaze View Post
          thanks for the info =)
          I do have another question..

When I took my carbs apart, each pilot jet was plugged with a rubber stopper..
          Is there a plausible reason for that?
          Yes, basically its to stop fuel going in there!!

Those models pull the pilot fuel via a drilling to the main jet and the rubber prevents it pulling directly from the fuel bowls.

Comment

sweet ok.. makes sense ill leave them all plugged then

Comment

Working...
            X