Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHH HELP, installed MAC 2-1 and it falls on its face, running out of time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried it. But it would make sense to me that the finer wool would absorb more sound waves. The scrub pad is probably fairly coarse in comparison to the stuff on ebay.

Also I would load up the ends of the tubes, but not between/center of the tube. You restrict the flow by having the wool between the two ports and probably don't cut much noise out. Pack alot on each end and it will cancel out more sound.

Just my 2 cents. I am not a sound engineer.

Comment

You're not using "SOS" pads are you?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I had thought about that, packing it in really didnt seem to lower the sound much compared to how much more wool is in there.

I was going to expirapent with a peice of steam pipe insulation (pipe shaped) I grabbed from the trash at work too, high temp and shaped like a tube, plus its compressed already, thought that might work in the middle and leave lots of room for the exhaust to flow by leaving the center/middle open... who knows, just playin now...

no, see the pictures, they are not sos pads.

Comment

ok so I took out all the stainless packing except for at the ends, and then wrapped a peice of steam pipe insulation (pre formed in a cylinder, compressed to hold its shape) around the middle part. Bike seems to ride MUCH better.

I will take pics, and most likely expirament a bit with the fiberglass thickness and shape but I think I found a happy medium between sound and restriction. Still plan on finding a new can for this system, the rest fts nicely, but man does it sound like crap out of the box...

thanks for the suggestions guys!

Comment

Working...
          X