warm or cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warm or cold

ok i have heard a few ideas about letting your bike warm up and how long so lets all chime in with time

If its tuned up nicely, most of the GSs should be warm enough to shut down the enrichener within a minute or two. I start my bike, put my helmet on, gloves, pull out and by the time i hit the stop sign at the end of the road (about a block) i can take it off choke and it will idle on its own nicely. Now, I tend not to rev the bike or spend much time at or above 5k rpm untill i see my temp gauge start to move so i know that the oil is warm and circulating nicely, but thats just me..im paranoid...lol

Comment

now i dont have a temp gauge but would love to know how to install one!

Comment

About 3-5 minutes for me.
        Start it up, get geared up, back out of the garage and by the time I'm at the light out of my subdivision, a half a mile or so, I'll shut down the choke completely.
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
          now i dont have a temp gauge but would love to know how to install one!
          Well my 1100ES came with one stock, but talk to Renobruce, he sells em and can tell you how to install it as well

Comment

Hi,

My warm-up procedure is similar to Mr. TCK's and Larry D's.

Half choke, neutral, pull the clutch, touch the start button. Adjust the choke so that it idles at 2500 rpm or less while I...

Zip up jacket, put on helmet, pull on gloves, mount up. Adjust choke to idle about 1500 rpm, ride off.

I turn off the choke before I get to the freeway. I leave it on for about a mile because there are a few stop signs and traffic lights before I get to the freeway.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If it's above 50 degrees out, my 700 is completely off choke after twenty seconds of idling. My 1000G takes a bit longer, perhaps thrity-forty seconds.

If the mixture screws are adjusted correctly, and the jetting and needle positioning is correct, these bikes really should be idling normally within a minute of starting.
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
              X