No announcement yet.

New petcock diaphram waste of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it another try with the the new diaphram and it still will not seal. I tried all of the suggestions except for shaving a few mm off the plastic spacer between the diaphrams (I didn't want to modify that piece in the event that it wouldn't work and then I'd be SOL in getting the old diaphram to seal too).
    There is definately a size difference between the OEM and the aftermarket diaphrams. The OEM one is slightly longer and will effectively seal off the fuel flow in the petcock valve body with the pressure from the spring. The new one is just a bit too short and just does not have the necessary travel for the oring to make contact with the metal seal in the petcock body. I don't think there is much I can do about that other than reduce the size of the plastic spacer by the difference. If I can scrounge up another plastic spacer, I'll try that as a last resort, (and if that doesn't work, I'm buying the new petcock...)

Comment

I have had good results with a kit for the GS1000G 1980 from GeorgeFix, he also has petcocks http://search.stores.ebay.com/GEORGE...877813QQsofpZ0

Comment

Working...
      X