Fork Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Length

How do I measure my fork length? Does anyone know what my fork length is on my 85 GS550EF?

Thanks.........

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
    How do I measure my fork length? Does anyone know what my fork length is on my 85 GS550EF?

Thanks.........
    Get it on the centerstand and get the wheel of the ground. Then measure from the top on the upper triple to the center of the axle. That will be the critical measurement for what you're up to.

Comment

thanks billy,

just trying to figure out how much room I'll have with your GSXR Front end on my bike.....trying to measure for some cafe bars!! and trying to mock up to see if they'll clear my fairing......

Comment

so I get 30.5 inches on the stock GS550EF, and I think the GSXR750 is 29.5......

I'm assuming that with the 17 inch front tire I'm putting on it in relation to the 16 inch stock front I'm going to be somewhere in the ballpark for clearance still.....especially since the rear is going from 18 inch down to 17 inch with my Katana Wheels......

I'm pretty sure I can make a cafe bar work if it doesn't extend down too much with those clamps installed on the top triple.......I'll have to wait and see....

I already have the correct clip-ons in case I can't get the cafe bars to work....

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
          so I get 30.5 inches on the stock GS550EF, and I think the GSXR750 is 29.5......

I'm assuming that with the 17 inch front tire I'm putting on it in relation to the 16 inch stock front I'm going to be somewhere in the ballpark for clearance still.....especially since the rear is going from 18 inch down to 17 inch with my Katana Wheels......

I'm pretty sure I can make a cafe bar work if it doesn't extend down too much with those clamps installed on the top triple.......I'll have to wait and see....

I already have the correct clip-ons in case I can't get the cafe bars to work....
          You will pick up a little clearance with the 17. Also, GSXR forks don't have as much travel as the GS forks so you don't get near the dive. The radials do a good job of soaking up the initial jolt so the forks don't work as hard.

Comment

Working...
          X