Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turnsignal problem

I need help!!!!!!!
    I have a gs 1000E -79 and the signals is working really strange, sometimes they work as they should and sometimes it?s only working to the right and when i turn to the left everyone start.
    For the moment the front left signal is working and not the others.
    Everything is working fine but not this s**t.
    Hope you understand what i?m writing im not very good at english.
    Ola, Sweden

It sounds like the turnsignal control module is gone....it could be a number of different things from a bad ground/earth to a bad bulb, but the turnsignal control unit on 79's are notorious for the symtoms you describe. It is a black box about the size of a cigarette pack with a 6 wire pigtail and a 4 wire pigtail. It sould be located under the right sidecover on your bike I believe.

Comment

I had this sort of intermittent problem with my turn signals, then for some reason I was fussing with the large group of wires under the left side cover ('80 GS1000GL) and the problem went away. To be honest, I haven't taken the time yet to look more closely, because it's still working, but I assume the problem is just an intermittent bad connection (one of the many which go through there). Could be yours is the same?

Michael

Comment

First take all of the bulbs out of their sockets and check them, clean the contacts and put a dab of electrical grease on the contacts. check/clean the two connector plugs under the rear of the tank. And yes the control module was full of problems and was redesigned for the 80 model

Comment

Try checking all connections, bullet connectors and bulbs. I only have the simple manual indicators on my 78 GS1000..perhaps I am lucky!

Comment

Working...
          X