No announcement yet.

Any turbo guys out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running low compression pistons and as mentioned the timing needs to retard. The first time you do hit boost you may go boom.
    I've only seen Dyna 4000 ignitions used with turbos to retard the timing.
    I love the fact you're going for it!
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      KY, this is a "Blow Through" system & the CVs work fine this way. These systems have been done this way for a long time. I really think it is a fuel delivery issue, as in it isn't getting ENOUGH! You can either get a Dynojet jet kit or, if it were me, a FactoryPro kit. FactoryPro's # is 415-491-5920 Ray.
      Sorry, I've only seen the draw through systems. Shutting up now, hopefully to learn some new tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        KY, this is a "Blow Through" system & the CVs work fine this way. These systems have been done this way for a long time. I really think it is a fuel delivery issue, as in it isn't getting ENOUGH! You can either get a Dynojet jet kit or, if it were me, a FactoryPro kit. FactoryPro's # is 415-491-5920 Ray.
        Ok thanks, I'll try to get some needles and retard the timing a little. I had a xtra set of stock main jets so I drilled them out with a .072" drill bit, which I thought was huge compared to stock and the plugs are still bone white. Its probably the needles.

Comment

I have been doing allot of research on turbos lately because I want to do a turbo on my 81 750 next year.

Not trying to sell anyone short here but I have found a ton of info on this site

If you go to the forced induction section there are several people on there that currently have GS750 turbo set ups I have posted over there a few times and they are very helpfull.

I would think between here and there you should be able to get that thing spooling up real nice.

By the way I really like your bike I hope you keep posting your results and I have one question for you have you done anything with your clutch everything I have read the 750 will hold up nicely to around 140ish HP but they seem to have clutch slippage issues.

Comment

Take the regulator off and run it straight for now. I run 7 psi on mine. What type carb and how big???? You will need a two stage retard for the ignition and a pressure switch in the intake manifold so that you can control it. Hopefully you are running 7.8:1 comression or you will never get above 10 psi of boost without hand grenading your engine. Give me a call and I will fill you in 661-203-7177 Kris
            Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
              Take the regulator off and run it straight for now. I run 7 psi on mine. What type carb and how big????
              Looks like he's running the stock carb rack.

Comment

I am at work and we have filters on the internet and I don`t get any pictures.

Comment

Now that I have seen the picture...WOW interesting concept. I see that you are running your oil supply off of your cam. This is not a good idea due to the fact that gs`s are prone to have weak oil supply to the cams. If possible run a line off of the oil manifold behind your engine. Mr turbo sells billeted manifolds that you can tap off of and not lose your pressure sender or temp sender and it bolts right on, I think I may even have an extra one laying around somewhere if your interested. I run my setup without a regulator this gives me 7 psi on both of my turbo bikes. You need to throw the stock petcock away and get a pingle petcock, they will give the turbo what it wants...FUEL. Give me a call if you have any questions. Kris

Comment

Now that I have seen the picture...WOW interesting concept. I see that you are running your oil supply off of your cam. This is not a good idea due to the fact that gs`s are prone to have weak oil supply to the cams. If possible run a line off of the oil manifold behind your engine. Mr turbo sells billeted manifolds that you can tap off of and not lose your pressure sender or temp sender and it bolts right on, I think I may even have an extra one laying around somewhere if your interested. I run my setup without a regulator this gives me 7 psi on both of my turbo bikes. You need to throw the stock petcock away and get a pingle petcock, they will give the turbo what it wants...FUEL. Give me a call if you have any questions. Kris
                    But the '83 750's have external supply lines to head, so I think he'll be okay.
                    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                      But the '83 750's have external supply lines to head, so I think he'll be okay.

What...?????

Comment

Kris, the 83 750 & the 85 700s have external lines feeding the cams from the rear of the head. Ray.

Comment

Really... I did not know that. You learn something new every day.

Comment

Looks like a Gixxer

Comment

Take the regulator off and run it straight for now. I run 7 psi on mine. What type carb and how big???? You will need a two stage retard for the ignition and a pressure switch in the intake manifold so that you can control it. Hopefully you are running 7.8:1 comression or you will never get above 10 psi of boost without hand grenading your engine. Give me a call and I will fill you in 661-203-7177 Kris
                              I don't know if you saw the pics but this is not exactly a high dollar build. I had the bike and the turbo laying around in the garage for years before I decided to put them together. Can't I just set the timing back a few degrees without having an electronic retard? I also took the vacuum diaphram out of the petcock, with the pump running and a hose draining back into a 2 gallon gas can it filled it up in about a minute. I originally had a pitot tube going straight through the intake with one hole in the center. I changed it to two 90 degree bends and 3/8" tube. Now it definitely is getting enough fuel, the plugs have good color now, but still breaking up a little in the transition to boost.

Comment

With the turbo, you need the full advance timing at 28 degrees or LESS. You have a fixed plate & rotor on that model 750 so you can't retard it & it will be a turd when it's not on boost if you could retard it. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X