40 Volts from regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmlcolorado View Post
    Good advice. Im aware of the danger of this voltage as i am a construction contractor. And i only stuck my tongue to it once. Im thinking of keeping this one and splicing in a new one with it so i can use my existing one to run the blender as i take my rides kidding of course.

I am interested in a better built r/r but im looking for one to get me through the weekend. Iv spent the last three hours reading up on these things and all the ones people have tried.

The list never ends
    That list, while comprehensive, is a bit lengthy. I am expecting a few RRs in very soon. I have some backorders to fill but should be able to help you out early next week. I've got procuring and producing these kits down to an artform, over 118 installed so far.

I refinish all the Honda RRs by glass beading, install matching connectors for the Suzuki, include new connectors for your stator wires and fuse box leads, and include new bolts for mounting.

I also stand behind them. 4 people thought they received a defective RR and I exchanged another at no cost. In each case it was another problem that surfaced. I've yet to see a Honda RR go bad, Suzuki RRs have died in front of me on more than one occasion.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      My concern on Ebay is any assurance that a used electrical part is functional. I've had no problems with Duaneage in 3 purchases, get all the connectors and wiring included within 3 days, got some free advice on the first one I did, and I'm pretty sure he checks them before shipping but would probably get you a replacement if one is faulty...all for just $10 more!...and also support a fellow forum user.
      Quite a few of us are using late model R/Rs and I haven't seen anyone report having gotten a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
        Ummm ...

With the battery in the system, you should never be able to get anywhere near 40 volts.
        So this is sounding like you disconnected the battery and ran the bike with just the regulator hooked up ???

Yeah the battery was hooked as normal but i had the red wire unhooked from the r/r. I thought that would give me a "regulated" voltage. Guess thats not the case.

Thanks for the input. Ill check it tomorrow with everything hooled up and seee what kind of voltage i will get.

This battery is literally brand new, minus the 120 miles and tuning on the bike and havnt had any problems till the other night. I did put a charger on it and charged it back up, fired the motor and watched the voltage drop 1/10 volt about every couple seconds. I must have a bad connection somewhere. I do have everything coated in electronic grease but still definatly plausable.

Thanks for everyones input.

Comment

Working...
        X