No announcement yet.

sorry not really a gs question but i have a gs and dont know were else to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry not really a gs question but i have a gs and dont know were else to ask

hello i recently purchaced a bike for 25 dollars. it its pretty beat up and old. it is a honda i know that for sure ( sorry guys) just a cheap progect for me to do in my spare time. but i cant figure out what model or year it is or anything like that. there are no decals or anything cause it has been repainted. how can i figure out what it is so i know what to get for parts? here is the only pic i have of it. it doesnt seem to have to big of a motor but dont really know. cant tell.

look on the neck and the motor for the vin numbers and send them to me and i will tell ya what it is. cliff

Comment

It looks like a Honda Twinstar to me. CM185T or CM200T.
      I think they made them from '78-'80.
      Hopefully there is a plate on the steering head with the manuf. date and model name.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

its a honda rebel i think? but i need the vin for the year.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Instant Download of Auto Repair Manuals, Haynes manuals, service manuals, workshop manuals Chilton manuals and electrical wiring diagrams for all type auto repair tips.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Are you in the USA, Australia, Canada, Belize, Ecuador, or what?

The only clue we have is that you use dollars, but Honda models, especially the smaller ones, vary quite a bit depending on where in the world you are.

And don't worry -- we love rescuing old bikes, even if they are Hondas. And that one definitely needs some rescuing.
            Last edited by bwringer; 05-06-2009, 07:17 AM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Firstly, update your profile so we know where you are.

Secondly, that's a good little project. Make sure to check back every so often and show us how it comes along. Little bikes can be a lot of fun.

Comment

did the big rusty chain come with it - if so, special deal!

Comment

I think all Hondas come with that chain. It keeps 'em from running away and returning to the factory.

+1 on Twinstar

~~>Jakob
                  1981 750EX

Comment

Working...
                  X