bolt size for stock sissy bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolt size for stock sissy bar?

I have a GS 1100L (82). The sissy bar bolts all finally fell out of this bike. I know there are two sizes. Do any of you know what size the bolts are? Thanks!

mike

We'll need photos -- there were a couple of different type of aftermarket sissy bars used, and there's no way to know what you have without photos.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

heres one similar

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/mreynold/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/mreynold/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]Heres a picture of the same bike i drive, except mine is blue on blue. The sissy bar is the same.

thanks to who ever donated that pic

Comment

Check this out...
        Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

I'm guessing your grab bar is stock, since you showed the pic of a stock bike. If so, the front bolts are 8x25mm and the back are 8x40mm.

Go to alpha-sports, there are some spacers in there too. Just go to the part diagrams, Suzuki motorcycles and go to your year and model. The diagram for the grab bar is in the seat diagram.
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

spacer help

Larry thanks. I appreciate that. Both flatoutmotorsports.net and the website you gave me for schematics dont show the size of the spacers. Do you (or anyone reading this) have any idea what size those spacers are? Maybe i'll just have to get creative with washers! LOL

BTW Larry thats a pretty sweet photo of your kid.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by ekim189 View Post
            Maybe i'll just have to get creative with washers! LOL
            Wouldn't be the first one to do that...

I have 15 on each side of my bike to support my rack / sissy bar. That's in addition to a 1" spacer that's built into the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by ekim189 View Post
              Larry thanks. I appreciate that. Both flatoutmotorsports.net and the website you gave me for schematics dont show the size of the spacers. Do you (or anyone reading this) have any idea what size those spacers are? Maybe i'll just have to get creative with washers! LOL

BTW Larry thats a pretty sweet photo of your kid.

Thanks Mike!
              If you really want to go stock......just buy 'em of there. What are they a buck apiece ???
              Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by demark View Post
                Wouldn't be the first one to do that...

I have 15 on each side of my bike to support my rack / sissy bar. That's in addition to a 1" spacer that's built into the rack.

Maybe that additional metal will trip some stop light sensors.
                http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
                1978 GS1000C
                1979 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000E
                2004 Roadstar

Comment

Working...
                X