Need new needle jets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new needle jets!

I'm hoping someone has some information on where to find replacement needle jets for my '82 GS 1100EZ (engine, in my '78 GS1000). They're x-1 jets. I'm striking out!

Try here

Comment

I went to my local Suzuki dealer to get mine. Or you could try www.bikebandit.com

Comment

Need new needle jets!

Thanks for your replies so far. Suzuki PN# is 474885-001, is unfortunately discontinued. I will call some of the sites I've seen and see if they have any recommendations. The wrecked engine donor bike had 43,000 miles on it when I purchased it. Already had a stage 3 Dynojet kit in it with unknown miles. I rebuilt the motor with a Wiseco 1166 kit before shoehorning it into the '78. It has a Dyna S ignition and coils. It runs AWESOME, plugs look good, idles well, accelerates like a rocket all the way to redline, just seems to rich foul a touch when I am backing off the throttle slowly around 2500 - 3000 rpm. I had some experience with this with the VM 26's on my original two valve motor and cleared it right up with new needle jets, so that's where I'm coming from. Carbs are absolutely clean, jet needles SEEM OK (tried raising and lowering them - doesn't change this problem), jetting is per Dynojet recommendations for Stage 1 kit. I have wondered if the Dynojet needles cause this problem due to the radical taper of their jet needles, but don't have prior experience to go by. I put 100 - 200 miles a week on this bike as my commuter (soon to be shared with a 78 GS 550, once sorted out), and have put about 1600 miles on it since engine rebuild. I'm just tired of doing the herky - jerky when traffic is stop and go. I, of course will try just about anything and would appreciate any insight / resources anyone has.

Thanks, John

Comment

They don't exist any more. No one makes them. That's a nice bike so you might want to consider a new bank of carbs from another bike or get a set of 36mm Mikuni RS Flatslides.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X