No announcement yet.

My GS...not running well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The carbs are the same, we used an 850 carb on a 650, it was the same.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by james750tz View Post
      Okay...more stuff.

I attempted to set the idle screws. I propped the tank up and then noticed gasoline pouring out of the exhaust on #3 as if the needle valve was stuck. This only occurred on #3. I put the tank back down, and it stopped and didn't give me any more hassle. This an indication that something is going on with #3? Does it prove that the fuel cock has issues? I can put a rag over the air filter and it runs quite a bit better which suggests to me that it is either starving for fuel or getting too much air. The bike idles pretty good so I'm confounded.

On the subject of #3 when I initially built the carbs the first time, I had a very hard time getting the pilot jet out and the threads were a little messed up. I managed to get it back in there and it seemed everything was cool and the bike ran great. The second time I built them I had problems getting it to seat again, but finally managed to get it back in there. It seemed the correct number of turns so I don't think it was cross threaded. However, that shouldn't have anything to do with gas pouring in there like that right? That is controlled by the needle valve am I not correct? After setting the tank back, no more issues. WTF.....!??!?
      Surprized no one caught or questioned this, with the carbs in place air filter and all how would you see a leak coming out the "exhaust" (I hope your not referring to the actual engine exhaust because you shouldn't see fuel there or have leakage). Maybe I live on a different mechanical dimension but seeing the fuel leak with everything attached shouldn't be possible unless there's a hole/gap that needs to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X