should i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i

i just rejetted my carbs and put individual air filters on and was woundering if ishould support my carbs (no rear suport from the stock air box)

Sending unit??

I think maybe you mean it leaks where the sending unit is inserted into the tank...if so, your local dealer should be able to order you a new one. They probably have one in stock because most dealers are reluctant to stock anything for bikes more than a few years old. Also, you might try loosening and re-tightening the bolts (but not too tight). This might also fix the problem and would only take a few minues to do.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Ok, what am I missing here :?

Comment

WHAT?????????????????

Comment

This is in reply to the original question. You don't need any rear supprot on the carbs.

Comment

I always run cable ties up to the frame to reduce the load on the boots.

Comment

I haven't run supports on the carbs..now going on 20 years. I still have the original boots on too..must get around to replacing them, but they still seal ok.

Comment

I fabricated a aluminum rear support when I went to pods. Probably not necessary, but...maybe a little insurance.

Comment

my older 550 has pods and no supports...the carbs dont have much play.

you guys who have switched to pods...have you run into any problems with putting your side covers on?

my side covers i transfered to my 79 GS550 were held on with safety wire in some places, and the pods actually have to go UNDER the side cover a bit. its a really tight fit between the frame and the pod on the outside carbs...

my 79 had the stock airbox still on it, so i haven't tried fitting pods on this bike yet.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
                  X