X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave. PM sent.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

OK For some good news now. First of all I want to thank everyone whos encouraged me to rebuild my suzi after my engine failure on my way home from Indy last may. I now have it all back together and all the bugs ironed out and its running great. Special thanks to bribird for his genorosity on the parts I needed. I did replace all crank and conrod bearings with new, replaced some orings and seals and of course another complete gasket set also. Hopefully this time everything is good to go and I'll have many many miles of summertime riding ahead of me. Heres a pic I took this afternoon of my completed ride and theres a link to a short video of her running. Sound isnt the best with my little digital camera but she runs very smooth. I'm running the Rotella 15-40 oil in it also. now its time to ride !!!!!!
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the success!

Unfortunately I am in the same boat that you were: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=142024

Here's my teardown post: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=143461

My problem was #2 had a blown bearing on the crankshaft-conrod journal. Another guy posted in my thread that he had the same issue even after a proper rebuild. This is 3 accounts of exploding bearings when the rest of the motor is fine. hmm.

Comment

Working...
        X