No announcement yet.

Anyone here do CNC machining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 3/4" or so the plastic or nylon is plenty strong. I also suspect you don't need that thickness. 1/8" to 1/4" aluminum stock is plenty thick but yet still bendable if you need.

I think I'd try something in 3/16" aluminum sheet and see how that turns out. Easy to work for sure.

No question that you can find materials to work easily enough.

Try some thinner aluminum stock and see what you end up with.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

If you want to have it machined look on ThomasNet for machine shops. Good luck for one in the city. You could ship it in the worst case.
      Don't ask for CNC, just tell them you want it machined out of aluminum or whatever. They will use a mill machine much faster than a CNC setup.

I don't work with machine shops any longer or I would get you in contact with one.

Comment

Originally posted by ironsheik View Post
        Well, this is the easiest way for me to raise the bracket I made out of wood. It's not that thick because of strength. Where the bracket attaches to top triple I've recessed the holes so it sits higher than a flush mounted 1/4" piece would, thus raising the gauges in relation to the triple. I'll take photos. I know I could also use a couple of 3/8" pieces of aluminum and weld them together but (since I don't have experience with metal fab or welding) I thought a solid piece of metal might be easier for me to handle.
        OK, that's why I mentioned bending the plate. I'll bow out now as I've given you all the info on how I fab parts for conversions.

Comment

I've got a shop full of CNCs.. could give someone a quote if you have a dwg. We're slow right now too

Comment

Working...
          X