front end vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end vibration

Hi all, I was riding to work this moring, everything was fine, then about 1 mile from work, i started to notice a slight vibration in the front end. It didnt go away when I slowed down.

I just replaced the front tire, so, I was thinking maybe I didnt get something tight, but after checking, all seems to be good. I was thinking maybe the front was going down, but it seems to be ok as well.

any other suggestions for sudden onset of front end vibrations?

Did it lose a wheel balance weight?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

if it is your handle bars wobbling, probaly need to tightenthe steering tube nut. This tends to be worst at slow speed

Comment

no wobble in the bars that I felt, just a vibration.

Tkent02, I just went out and rechecked everything, no wheel weight at all on it. I going to call the shop when they open, Im thinking thats the issue. Thanks.

Comment

i started to notice a slight vibration in the front end. It didnt go away when I slowed down.
          Could be wheel weights but, if it is not speed sensitive it doesnt sound like weights.

Out of balance should get worse the faster you spin.

If the vibration is an up and down whooping that goes with speed OK something is out of balance.

Comment

Ill be honest my first thought was that I had a flat, but I checked the air pressure on both tires, and they are fine.

Guess Ill just ride it home and try to get a better feel for what it is.

Comment

When you say you got a new tire, it could be the tread is just humming at a certain speed. When I got new Conti Go tires last fall, I noticed that tread harmonics or something caused a slight vibration at about 32 MPH, then quickly went away as I slowed to a stop. If it's that kind of thing, I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Im not sure what it was, but it is fine now. I rode it home last night, and then again this morning, no vibrations.

Comment

Possibly undulations in the road maybe?

There is a section of road, I travel that I have noticed I start picking of periodic tire noise. I get a little worried till I realize it is the same section of road and it soon disappears.

Pos

Comment

Im guessing that is the case, though I ride this rode every day and never noticed it before.

Comment

Working...
                    X