rear tire ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear tire ! ! !

never mind I got it. Still can't get the tire off rim but i"ll get it too...
    Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM.

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    Any special tricks to get tire OFF the rim ? ? ? I need to save the inner tube if I can...
    I cannot locate a new one in time for Brown County Ride.

Beed does not wanna let go... HELP ! ! !
    Read this over.

2x3 block will not ruin the tube or the tire. Maybe you should start 180 degrees opposite of the valve stem as to not put any stress on the tube. I've used clamps and other methods, but this way works every time and in seconds for me. Just lay blocking on ground so you don't scuff the rim or hub in any way.

Comment

Thank you, I got it off and come to find I'm tubeless. I read in here somewhere about lining up some mark with valve stem?
      My tire have 2(TWO) balancing beads in it...LOL I don't think they where doing much...

Any thoughts about the marks on tire?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        Thank you, I got it off and come to find I'm tubeless. I read in here somewhere about lining up some mark with valve stem?
        My tire have 2(TWO) balancing beads in it...LOL I don't think they where doing much...

Any thoughts about the marks on tire?
        Read this over from another thread....

http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com...0ask%20doc.pdf

Yellow dot is the light spot on the tire to be lined up with valve stem (heavy spot on rim) but if you have a red dot too then use that for alignment according to the pdf.
        Leave the balancing beads on til after you mount and inflate the tire to see if they are still needed. Remove one at a time if not, then maybe save to relocate elsewhere on the rim to balance the new tire.

EDIT: not sure about balancing beads, but were you referring to rim weights?
        Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

No wheel wieghts, it HAD two tiny bearing like beads in it. I left them out.

Figers crossed I'll see how it is and go from there.

New (USED) tire has no marks yellow or red, we'll see. I've almost got it together.

Thanx for the replies...

Comment

Working...
          X