Nut & Bolt behind Sprocket - 831100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nut & Bolt behind Sprocket - 831100E

I think there is an oil leak from the o-ring behind the gear shift indicator, but oil is also dripping off the bolt in the picture. I'm concenred that if I take the nut off, I'll have to take half the engine apart to get a wrench on the bolt head. Is it behind the sprocket or does anyone know where it's at? I'll post a reply with a second picture.

Thanks,

2nd picture

Here is a another picture

Comment

Sorry I can't help you with your leak.......but, I'll bump you for some fine picture taking !!

There's nice weather around the country, folks are out riding. I'm sure someone with more insight will be along soon.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Hrmmm... Looks like you SHOULD be able to pull the front sprocket and at least get an open end or box end wrench on that puppy..dunno what that does exactly, looks like perhaps a case bolt? I have a small leak on my shift shaft seal, but untill it becomes a massive problem, i have no intention of fixing it. It doesnt leak to the ground, and its very very little that it does leak at all...i just think of it keeping my chain lubed...

Comment

Larry, thanks for comment on the pictures. See you in Bedford? I think I found the answer in the forums. See below.

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
          Under the sprocket cover there are three possible's. One's a seal on the gear change shaft, the other is a 'O' ring under the gear position indicator. The other is a crankcase plug which will require the cases to be apart to replace!

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
          1983 GS(X)1100ESD
          2002 GSF1200K1

Comment

what ray said

Re: got the answer
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by posplayr
            what is the screw in the picture for and can it be removed to fix the leak?
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by rapidray
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by posplayr
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...80&postcount=1

Answer to what? Ray.

It is a case half nut & nothing to fix. If it leaks oil there, tighten the nut. Remove the sprocket & use a 10mm box end wrench. Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X