Helmet Visor Rain Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet Visor Rain Shield

Is there a Rain X type product available for helmet visors? From what I saw Rain X is not compatible with the visor material. I did see an old post referring to Lemon Plege but wondered if anyone is using it or something similar to help shear the water from your visor. Anyone used Meguirs Plastic X or another windshield cleaner/polish with good results? I had to run 30 miles a couple of weeks ago through some horizontal rain and almost daytime darkness and visibility was not good. There is a decent sized Honda dealer in my town with Hondaline products and also a HD dealer with lots of bling and other products to look at if they have something I could use. I am hoping to find and bring something along to scare away any rain possibilities at BC this weekend.
    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
    AKA "Mr Awesome"

If you are at the Honda shop, they likely have Plexus on the shelf. Or another spray called 210. You can also use about any automotive-type wax. My personal favorite is Meguiar's Liquid Cleaner/Polish. I have been known to use it on the windshield, visor, bodywork and chrome (not all with the same rag).

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

i have used rainx on mine with good results....

Comment

Just use the rainx dude...In the amount of time it takes for it to do any damage to your visor, it will be about time for a new visor anyway. Ive used RainX on mine for 3 seasons now with no problems, however there are more scratches in my visor from flying rocks and hard bugs than the RainX would ever cause in the way of damage...

Comment

I used RainX on Paintball lens from years without damage. And from what Im reading, many manufactures use the same poly for helmet shields.

Comment

i didnt know rainx was supposed to ruin your visor?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
              i didnt know rainx was supposed to ruin your visor?
              Rain-X does not hurt the plastic. What it hurts is the coating that hardens it to resist scratches. Alcohol and ammonia will soften the coating and eventually it will peel or flake off, leaving only the softer plastic. If your visor does not have the coating, you will never notice anything. Not sure how many of the visors have the coating, but a majority of the windshields do.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X