Dyna s wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna s wiring

Is there any wiring diagram without the coil relay mod?

And to elaborate I am confused on which connectors (signal generator connections and igniter box connections) I should leave unplugged.

Comment

And to describe some more:

It says to color match the black and white wires back to where the other black and white wire went, however mine were green, black and brown wires that hooked up. then those same wires also went to the igniter box. but what do i hook up since i dont see green and brown going to the coil?

Comment

What bike are we talking about?
        Black wire to coil
        White wire to coil
        Red wire to O/W power wire
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

1980 gs550e....no the orignial wires from the signal generators were green, brown, and black/white. i am so lost.

Comment

Don't worry about the signal generater wires. Look at the igniter wires. Follow the signal wires to the igniter. The other plug is where you want to tap into.
            Black/? to black
            White/? to white
            O/W to red.
            That's it
            Just time it. Make sure the timing mark is on F1-4 and point the magnet at the 1&4 on the Dyna (left)
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

dyna S

The Red dyna hooks one switch power use elec clip in kit to hook those to the orange White stripe wich goes to both coils. white wire goes to coil 1-4, blk coil 2-3 remove the CDI box. simple as i can get. good luck. IF im wrong ill find out tomorrow ,or sooner, Right Gents. SAN

Comment

Where do i pick up the single O/W wire? thats my switched 12v? Where does this become 1? do I need to cut the harness?

Comment

should i be getting power to my coils if my signal generators and igniter box are disconnected because im not now and i was when they were connected.

Comment

The large plug that plugs into you igniter. Unplug it and cut the three wires that were mentioned off the plug side that goes back into your harness.
                    Orange/white to Red Dyna S wire
                    Black/Yellow? to Black Dyna S wire
                    White/red? To White Dyna S wire
                    There are one or two wires you don't have to worry about.
                    I don't use the Dyna wire clip. I soldered the wires or install a clip type connection.

Comment

I have figured out the O/W. Now the brown and green went to the Igniter from the signal generators. Green on the left, brown on the right. Those wires must go into the igniter and come out as the yellow and black to the coils. Now i need to know which. Does the black go to black and white go to yellow?

Comment

all figured out. now i have a new thread to the next possible problem....sigh.

Comment

Working...
                        X