Plugs for the wiseco 816 kit????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugs for the wiseco 816 kit????

Hello guys, my gs750 (16v) has the wiseco 816 kit which put the CR at 10.25:1......just curious which plug I should run with it? I also have accel coils, 8.8mm accel wires, carbs jetted for the PODS and V+H 4-1 exhaust .....Im pretty sure the stock plug calls for a d8ea or d9ea, I would think I might need a different plug as its pretty far off from stock......Any and all input is appreciated

I would go with an NGK Iridium; running them in my ED

Comment

Or if you don't have a LOT of money to spend, you can throw a set of D9EAs into it! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        Or if you don't have a LOT of money to spend, you can throw a set of D9EAs into it! Ray.
        Is that a hotter or colder plug, Ray? And why would you recommend it over the d8ea?

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
          Is that a hotter or colder plug, Ray? And why would you recommend it over the d8ea?
          I think I figured it out.
          The d9 is a colder plug and would keep the enigine from preignition with the higher cr.

Comment

You are CORRECT sir!!! Ray.

Comment

As far as plugs go....money isnt the issue LOL ( I wish I could say the same for other items on the bike)

I just want what will give me the best bang for the buck....If it calls for the NGK Iridium, Thats what I will use........(Thanks POS)

If the D9 will give me the desired burn to coincide with the CR, I will use that(Thanks Ray)

Maybe I will get both and use the butt meter to see what I like

So you guys think that would be my two options.....I definitely want to stay away from detonation, and keep her happy.........

Thanks for all the input so far...you guys ROCK

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxvw View Post
                As far as plugs go....money isnt the issue LOL ( I wish I could say the same for other items on the bike)

I just want what will give me the best bang for the buck....If it calls for the NGK Iridium, Thats what I will use........(Thanks POS)

If the D9 will give me the desired burn to coincide with the CR, I will use that(Thanks Ray)

Maybe I will get both and use the butt meter to see what I like

So you guys think that would be my two options.....I definitely want to stay away from detonation, and keep her happy.........

Thanks for all the input so far...you guys ROCK
                redsoxvw:
                What other mods did you do to your bike? porting, cams, carbs? What size main jet are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                  redsoxvw:
                  What other mods did you do to your bike? porting, cams, carbs? What size main jet are you running?
                  Well, the story is I bought the bike as it sits......It was in a fender bender, just search my posts you will see the pics.......

Im a sucker for older machines ( before this it was a 74cb360, a 77 shovel head)...........

I DO know this bike has the accel coils, and 8.8 wires. It has Pod filters.....I got a slip with it for the stage 2 jet kit???????????

I havent pulled anything out to check as far as jets go , it runs too good. ( If its not broke dont fix it LOL)

V+H 4-1....the wiseco 816 kit.(10.25:1 CR).....I cant find the original owner to find out about cams, porting etc.....

It also has prgressive shocks on the rear......

The carbs Im not sure of the size, I have to measure them to tell you the size ( I havent yet so I dont know)..........

I do know it runs like lightning, and has NO hesitation at all...nice and crisp.....as heavy as the bike is.....she comes right up in 1st and 2nd

Im going to be attacking the stator and thr R/R Saturday....I will measure the carbs, I plan on adjusting the valves ( or at least checking to see if they are with in spec)...when I do what should I look for on the cams to decifer what they are.............

Again Im am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW to the whole gs750 thing its not even funny LOL.....But with the help Im getting on here so far, I should be golden

Thanks again for the input, and I look forward to digging into this GS

Oh ya, a couple of quick pics

Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2009, 10:34 PM. Reason: added pics

Comment

The big question is

What plugs do you have in there now and what do they look like?
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

some comments on Iridium Plugs

some comments on Iridium Plugs from OSS

Re: Slabby spark plugs.

Reply #7 - Yesterday at 14:24

I run DR9EIX with good results (easier starting and smoother tickover). Got them a bit cheaper from the states but doubt as good a deal now.

Just put the ngk iridiums in mine DR9EIX, like banoffee.

They have improved starting, idle and pick up.

Well worth the £22 of the bay (Halfords wanted about 9.50 each )

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        The big question is

What plugs do you have in there now and what do they look like?
                        The plugs in there now are the Iridium DR8EIX...they seem a bit on the dark side.....

Comment

Pictures,pictures

We demand pictures!
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

There are a couple of pics a few posts down.....I will take more Monday as I have added a drag bar and a few odds, and ends

Comment

Working...
                            X