Engine Bogging when cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Bogging when cruising

When I am cruising along on my 1981 GS850G I get a bogging only at around 50MPH after it warms up. When I roll the throttle it picks up eventually almost feels like a grounding feeling. Anyway It starts instantly, runs beautifully the plugs look nice and lean the airbox looks like it is sealed good I put a new electrosport r/r and stator in it last year. Any ideas
    would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Bob S

Plugs shouldn't be "nice & lean". How are you judging that??
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Check the petcock.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Yah...its gettin fat somewhere... rich..to much gahhhhs...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Yah...its gettin fat somewhere... rich..to much gahhhhs...
          Are you having a moment?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Are you having a moment?
            No, thats just what i think of when im tinkering with a bike, it bogs when cruising...it says that...GAAAhhhhhsssssSSSSSSSSS

Comment

I guess I am trying to say the burn colour of the plugs are a nice sandy brown.

Comment

Originally posted by robertseward View Post
                I guess I am trying to say the burn colour of the plugs are a nice sandy brown.
                That may be true, but unless you're doing specific circuit chops, that is just an over all burn colour, running thru all the circuits. Your pilot circuit (which is generally where you cruise in) could be rich, the main could be a touch lean and the needle circuit close to right, and you could end up with a good looking overall burn... Try a chop in 2nd gear, mid rpms, minimal throttle twist (like an 1/8 turn) ride like that for a mile, then hit the kill switch and pull off the road and pull the plugs...if they're not sandy brown, but a lil dark, then you need to back off your screws a half turn or more..

Comment

Working...
                X