How to mount the clock and bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to mount the clock and bars

I just won a 90 gsxr 1100 front end and it occurs to me I don't know how to mount the gauges and the handlebars. Has anybody got any pics that would clear it up for me?

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

You should browse through some of the custom bike threads. There are lots of ideas there.
    S.

Comment

best known solution for USD forks

Comment

Not as precise as Isleomans but it can be done with 1/8" stock Alluminum strips. What you see here is a mock up, it needs to be cleaned up trimmed and maybe some black paint. If you position it right behind the headlight clamps it will not be seen. Considering adding a cross piece for stability.

Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2009, 11:22 PM.

Comment

couple more...

Comment

if i were to bid on some gsxr front ends what year or years should i bid on? i have an 82 gs 850 proferbly the ones with the least modifications to add them to my bike?!

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
              if i were to bid on some gsxr front ends what year or years should i bid on? i have an 82 gs 850 proferbly the ones with the least modifications to add them to my bike?!
              92 - 95 GSXR 1100 for the length they are a direct bolt up and share the same head bearings, exhaust clearance is the issue. The 1100's are longer than the 750.

Comment

Mine was not as precise as Isleomans either and also did mine with 1/8" stock Alluminum strips. You can see details on how I did mine on the link below here using a GSXR ignition switch and just re-soldering the old wires to it: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=118949&page=6

The nice part was that I was able to retain the steering lock.
                The down side was that I now have to carry two separate keys. Works fine for me though!

Comment

Nice job everyone. that helps a lot, except that I am using gauges off a Bandit.

Paul
                  80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                    92 - 95 GSXR 1100 for the length they are a direct bolt up and share the same head bearings, exhaust clearance is the issue. The 1100's are longer than the 750.
                    thank you very much for the info i will start looking in ebay or craigslist any other places i could look?

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                      I just won a 90 gsxr 1100 front end and it occurs to me I don't know how to mount the gauges and the handlebars. Has anybody got any pics that would clear it up for me?

Paul
                      I think your 90 1100 upper triple is the same as my 90 750 upper triple that has some custom risers mounted to it.........do you have the clip-ons that go with that upper triple?

I'll swap you straight across for my setup......

Comment

Working...
                      X