Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vavle Guide Seals Question

Hi all,

Doing a rebuild on an '82 GS850GL with a Vesrah Complete rebuild kit. Unfortunately I managed to break one of the valve guide seals while installing it. I bought an NOS set of off eBay,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=35595&rd=1,
    Vesrah #VS-3001, OEM #09289-07002. My model is listed on the back of the package, but the seals are just slightly larger than the ones I got with the complete kit. It's enough of a difference so they won't seat properly on the guides.

So my questions are these: Has anybody had this problem, or know of a different part number to use? Does anyone happen to have any extra valve guide seals for an '82 GS850GL?

Thanks for any help.

Adam

I bought a set of Vesrah VS-3001 too! are you saying they won't work on a GS850??

Comment

All I'm saying is they don't fit my '82 GS850GL. I checked the guys feedback, and it seems everyone else was happy with theirs, but I don't know what model bike they have. Maybe they just hadn't tried to install them yet when they left the feedback. The VS-3001 is for a whole bunch of Suzuki's from the late '70s and early '80s. Seems like all the GS models are listed on the back of the package along with a few other models.

I assume you got yours off of eBay as well? I talked to the seller. He seems to have some contact with Vesrah, and is going to see what he can find out. I'll let you know what happens.

Hey, if you get yours and they fit let me know (along with your model). They come in a pack of ten, so if yours work out maybe you could send me the extras? You can email me privately to work something out.

Comment

I have a 79 GS850, wasn't planning to use mine until maybe next year? Yes we probably bought them from the same guy?

Comment

Working...
        X