Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new gaskets

Hi all,

Well due to budget constraints, I decided to order the Vesrah gasket set from Z1, because obviously I could get a lot more gaskets for the money. I had an OEM base gasket already, but I mainly needed the head gasket. So here's the question: is there a trick to installing the head gasket washers (you know the round things that go in all 4 corners?) when installing the head gasket? Also do the fiber type gaskets like the cam cover absorb oil?

Thanks,

Scott

Something to consider
    This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

So instead of spending $75 to get a stock head gasket (or $175 to get a complete OEM gasket kit), you just wasted $80 - $100 to buy a package of inferior quality incomplete junk?

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning here.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I was well over 100 bucks for the two gaskets I needed: 84.50 for the head gasket, and 24.00 for the rectangular o-ring gasket. The Vesrah head gasket looks like the original I scraped away last year that never leaked. Should I try to re-use my MLS head gasket? Would you like to loan me the money for the OEM gaskets? I compared the OEM and Vesrah gaskets, no difference to me. I have had 2 OEM base gaskets fail and both cam o-rings fell apart like dust. I don't see a marked difference.

Scott

Comment

Working...
        X