good engine paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good engine paint

I just finidhed my bike . Have been working on it since nov. I painted the motor with Plasti-Kote engine enamel , The paint looked dull and i didnt want to clear it . But the way it looked i had to So i put on there engine clear . after 10 miles arond the top of the head where all the heat is. it didn't turn yellow it turned brown . any way now i have to try to repaint the moter in the frame. what products has anyone had success with.
    Thanks Mike

I have used both PJ-1's engine paint and the high temp paint from Auto Zone with excellent results but mine has been painted black...I have no experiance with clear, gray, or silver.

Hap

Comment

PAINT

I have used VHT universial aluminium for a GREAT silver finish.

Comment

I've heard good things about VHT paint too.

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
          I've heard good things about VHT paint too.
          VHT is a product produced by PJ-1

Hap

Comment

VHT paint - works OK when it applied correctly, ie cured at correct temperature etc, but if you don't it can wash off with petrol!
            I used to use auto touch-up paint to paint the engine when I was drag-racing. An aerosol can of black acrylic is an awful lot cheaper than VHT, with the added bonus that it was easy to maintain. An engine gets hot, but not that hot that it will burn the paint.
            Obviously this doesn't apply to the exhausts :roll:

Comment

Working...
            X