Best place to get parts for GS 650 GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to get parts for GS 650 GL?

Good morning! Where would be the best place to order parts for carbs and petcocks and tires from. I have no Idea where to start. Thanks

Just picked a 650 myself. The parts are a little more limited on Ebay for the 650 than some of the other models, but its a good start. I lost a harddrive so all my parts store links are gone so I cant help you with new. One I do remember is Z1 Enterprises This is the 650 search page.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

What kind of parts? The following links have helped me:

Z1 Enterprises, Inc. - Site Guide - Vintage OEM and Aftermarket Japanese Motorcycle Parts

BikeCliff's Website

Japanese Vintage Motorcycle Parts - Partsnmore.com
      Carb Kit Capital - Motorcycle Carb Parts
      Dennis Kirk | Frontpage Motorcycle Closeouts :: Motorcycle Apparel - Motorcycle Jackets - Motorcycle Helmets - 7 Years of Closeout Deals!

the last one is for gear ATGATT.

Hope I don't offen Cliff by posting you site. But it has all kinds of great links.

Comment

Just got through checking out the mega welcome!! AWESOME! The first thing that I did was check my intake boots o ring and sure enough they are cracked. I have been debating about paying someone to go through my carbs and clean them but I believe that I am going to do it myself. That was going to cost me $300.00 plus parts just for that alone. The only thing that I need to find is the jets to rejet it. When I bought the bike the PO said that it was running rich so he went down 1 size. This thing has 4 into 1 ceramic headers and pod filters and runs rough. From what I have learned so far I need to go at least 1 size bigger. If not 2 so that is where I am at. By the way, this forum is great. It has made it alot easier to takle theese projects. Still need to find a flasher for my turn signals that will not blink and some creme or something for my tank and a new petcock. My goal is to have this thing together and riding my ### off in 3 weeks. Thanks

Comment

great place to get parts

i have used this one and they have got oem parts.
          www.cyclepartsnation.com

you can even look at exploded views to pick your parts from. and shipping usually takes 3-5 days..
          good luck

Comment

Originally posted by festus View Post
            I have been debating about paying someone to go through my carbs and clean them but I believe that I am going to do it myself.
            What part of Alabama are you in? I will be in Mississippi for the next four weeks with not much to do on the weekends.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X