No announcement yet.

How do I measure my floats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont go to that guys website with the info because i heard there is a bunch of hidden charges and fees that apply, like 900 numbers

Comment

ok, i've checked everything out at the website and referenced the thread here. My float heights are supposed to be 23mm +- 1mm. That's good to know and all that but what part of the carb am I placing the bottom of the caliper on? Does it rest on the lip of the inner bowl where the gasket would go? I'm kind of lost as to what the reference point is.

Comment

Hi Mr. Roguezuki,

Yes, measure where the gasket would normally be. Measure without the gasket.

More information and pictures here: Carb Specs-Float Height-Jetting

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks BassCliff. I thought that might be the reference point but couldn't be positive. I've checked the heights and one of the floats was ~ 1mm shorter than spec. Odd because it's not the carb that I'm having issue with. The carb that's been leaking fuel was pretty much within spec. I've checked the needle valves and they don't seem to have as much spring to them as I would imagine. Would you recommend me purchasing new needle valves to see if that keeps my one carb from leaking?

Comment

Working...
          X