which hole for dynojet air restricter Kind of Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which hole for dynojet air restricter Kind of Urgent

i just got a set of carbs and i think the po put the bushings in the wrong holes, they are in the pilot circuits. Should this be or should it be the main air circuit?

bumpity bump

Comment

looking at the intake side of the carb... you should see two holes to the sides in the middle. the one on the left that has a flat head screw driver slot is not it. On the right side there should be a hole with something in there with no visable means to get it out.. thats the hole. Use the supplied air restictor driver to put it in place and then dab a little of the supplied glue around the edge... avoid getting any glue in the hole.

hope this helps, good luck with it

Comment

lol they put it in the wrong hole, now i have to try and get it out

Comment

woo hooo the po did put it in the pilot air jet. So with a small self tapping sheet metal screw and a slide hammer they all came out. Then i used a center punch to reinstall then(the point kept it center and from mushrooming) EASY PEESY!!

Comment

So much for pictures in the Dynojet directions.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

lol so much for directions period. Im guessing the special tool is a punch with a nipple that goes in the bushing to keep it from mushrooming. Well mine look like they were just hit in with a hammer and no punch

Comment

Working...
              X