Help identifying petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying petcock

Ordered a rebuild kit for the petcock on the 81 GS450S and what I got does not fit the petcock. The petcock on this bike does not have a prime position but it is a vacuum actuated petcock. So evidently someone alone the line swapped petcocks (or maybe not and the book is wrong). Any ideas on what this petcock is off of?

Or...will the petcock from another early 80s Suzuki work?

Thanks,
    Kurt Kesler

Bolt spread

The most crucial aspect is the distance between the bolts. I can tell you, for sure, that a petcock from any of the l980 models won't work (they have a 50 MM bolt spread)...most others will.

A lot of us have had nothing but trouble with the OEM petcocks. I recently switched to a Pingel and it's just GREAT!!!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I guess the auto censor is forcing us to call it a petkock now! :roll:

Hap

Comment

a way around the censor... PET

Comment

How about a petchook (a chook is a chicken for all those foreigners out there!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            I guess the auto censor is forcing us to call it a petkock now! :roll:

Hap
            I thought he was trying to say something about his "pet rock" and was going to have to change it to "inorganic companion". :-)

Kim

Comment

Let's not say anything bad about pet rocks.

I have worked for several that some of you may have lost and the way things change around here I might be working for yours tomorrow.

Mike

Comment

Got home and measured the one on my 82 GS850L and it looks to have the same distance between the mount holes. I will pick one of these up (if I can find one) and give it a try and, if it doesn't work, at least I will have a spare for the 850.

Comment

Working...
                X