gs 1100e decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1100e decals

i have a black 1981 1100e in excellent shape except the pinstriping could use a friend. any idea where i can get original red/orange pinstriping?? i also have a blue 1980 gs 750e with no pinstriping. i thought about maybe practicing on this one by tapeing it off and trying to do the striping by hand. any suggestions?? sincerely, matthew landrum

are the both the same size stripes? most of the time its double color tape with a space in the middle thats clear that i see still available. what exactly does yours need? these guys might have it also, http://www.reproductiondecals.com/de...tent.html~main

Comment

You can get tape stripes in lots of colors and designs. I have uses them. Its kind of fun, and it comes right off. You can also buy masking tape made for striping. I would play around with the colored tape.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

gs1100e decals

thanks for the reply. the decals on the tank vary in width. the red stripe follows the outer edge an changes from about 1/8 inch at the end to about 3/4 inch at the widest point. there is an orange stripe that parallels the inside of the red. it does not vary in width and is about 1/8 inch wide. thes spacing between them is also aout 1/8 inch. the red stripe is the one that seems to be the most difficult.

Comment

gs1100e decals

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
          are the both the same size stripes? most of the time its double color tape with a space in the middle thats clear that i see still available. what exactly does yours need? these guys might have it also, http://www.reproductiondecals.com/de...tent.html~main
          thanks for the link....later matthew landrum

Comment

Working...
          X