popping from the exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popping from the exhaust

greetings to all. 81/ 750 once warmed up, gives a muffled pop from the exhaust, about every 15 secs at 100/110kph, accelerates smoothly no flat spots. cant get it to do it in the shed. only does it cruising under load. all coments appreciated, thanks in advance.

Pop

Sounds like it is a bit lean at low throttle. If everything is still stock, ( carbs, pipe, and airbox), I would suggest checking the valves, cleaning, synchronizing, and adjusting the carbs.

Comment

sounds like one of the carbs is out of sync. whens the last time they were checked? they should be checked each year before riding season starts. i had one just a bit off and it did exactly what you say your does. cliff

Comment

Yup, its a lean condition and you should check all mentioned. I would also be looking for an airleak through a downpipe or muffler....maybe at the muffler to headpipe connection or at the pipe connections to the head.

Check for holes maybe in any areas where there might be some rust.

Let us know what you find.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
        Spyug

Comment

Oops

Almost forgot, if it's idleing rough, make sure you check the intake manifolds. If one is sucking air, it would cause the same problem.

Comment

Working...
          X