No announcement yet.

Only running with choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as long as it lights up on the f mark (like it does from right to left) it should be the same from both directions? I ran it for quite some time with the choke on and off throughout the entire ride just dealing with its problem thinking makybe i had bad gas or something but it continues to do this. AND my brand new battery died. so that must mean something in the charging system needs replacing. that consists of the stator and regulator/rectifier correct? could a charging issue produce this choke on symptom? logic being im getting a very irregular spark?

Comment

What voltage are you getting at the coils?

Comment

10. but that was on the bad battery and i didnt check it with the new.

Comment

any advice?

Comment

Well.. you need a fresh battery, 10 volts at the coils is not going to cut it. Make sure your R/R and Stator are functioning properly.

Set your ignition timing..I've never installed a Dyna S but Chef seems to understand how they work. Did you follow his setup suggestions.

Runs better on choke.. carbs are dirty, or you have an air leak and you are running lean, or you have the wrong jets in the carb causing a lean condition.

Your going to have to go through each system, check it and make sure its working properly.

Comment

Working...
            X