Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turnsignals, and gas gauge wires, cause not to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turnsignals, and gas gauge wires, cause not to start?

Hi all, i had my timing chain snap and have spent some time now getting that fixed lapping vavles ect.............The guy at dealer ship had went through my carbs and synced them before it broke. I have not hooked up things like signals and gas gauge this shouldnt affect it starting it would it? As my bike is not starting just trying to fiugre out why. It is getting spark so really didnt think it was a problem but figure i ask before i go to deap..........

thanks
    ben

It shouldn't have any effect at all. Give the carbs a shot of starting fluid and see if it fires up.

Comment

well i sprayed starter fluid and it did fire over but wouldnt stay....... I took carbs off and looked at butterfly, the guy told me if they were open that it would start is this true? two of them are just bairly open would this make a difference?

Comment

Doesn't sound like the carbs are synched close enough to get it started if you can visually tell that two are barely open. That means the other two must be open more for you to see the difference. They should all be barely open. Sounds like you have a fuel flow problem as well. Is the vacuum line hooked up on the petkock? I know that's spelled wrong, just didn't want to get censored. Did you start off with fresh fuel in the tank? Pull the carbs and use a thin piece of wire to guage the opening on the butterflies and set them all the same. You have to use the throttle stop screw to set #3 where you want it then adjust the other three using their adjusters so they all match #3. Put the petkock on prime and see if fuel flows. Then attach a piece of vacuum line to the vacuum fitting on the petkock and suck on it to see if fuel flows to the carbs.

Comment

Thanks for the info billy, ill check it out more tomorrow but i am pretty sure that the vacume is working as i could feel it when i noticed it was kinked wich didnt help matters lol

Comment

Ok , the bike i can get running but i still usually have to give a shot of starter fluid to get it going, I dont think my choke is working , it was working before i took it in....... but at same time not sure if it needs it..... to start it i have no choke on , and shoot some carb cleaner in......... and it starts up and will keep running but no with out some tweaking of throttle, till it gets warmed up.......

Comment

Working...
            X