Headlight housing mounting ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight housing mounting ears

I have a question maybe someone will know for sure.

The headlight housing mounting brackets for an 81 gs1100, would these brackets be the same on other CC GS's like a 750 with the smaller dia. fork tubes?

If you have the old ones I'll measure mine when I get home.
    Are you removing a fairing?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

No, Im not removing a fairing, the problem I have is something fell against, or someone ran into something before I bought it and it hit the headlight housing and pushed/bent/broke everything.

Im sure I could bend up the one I got to make work, but bending to me = rattles later on.

I do however have a fairing from an 82gk if your looking.

Comment

Thanks for the offer. You don't even want to know what it costs to send a fairing.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

The ears for an L model will be a bit different because they only need to spread out for a 6" light, instead of the standard 7" light.
          You only list your bike as an 1100, so make sure it's not an L or you do not get ears for an L.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It's an E with the rectangular headlight.

Comment

so what size are the ears?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                so what size are the ears?
                By the time I got home from work, hit the bike path AND watched the Lakers win it was dark.
                I'll get to it.

Comment

I too need some 1100 ears...8inch lamp variety..if either of you guys have a set...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    I too need some 1100 ears...8inch lamp variety..if either of you guys have a set...
                    Stay focused! You need
                    An airbox
                    Bandit rear end
                    Gixxer front end
                    1166 wiseco kit
                    Head work
                    1150 rear rim
                    RS flatsides
                    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      Stay focused! You need
                      An airbox
                      Bandit rear end
                      Gixxer front end
                      1166 wiseco kit
                      Head work
                      1150 rear rim
                      RS flatsides
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

Nope...I just sold my 82 1100... I am still buying the GSXR stuff, but I wont have anything to use it on for a while..unless Jims rear brake MC mod works out..I need the ears for a 1000G i just bought from Griffin, i have a couple spare 8inch lights i wanna put one on it..

Comment

i have several sets of 82-83 1100E headlite brackets....
                        80-81 750/1100E brackets are strange animals as they are differant from side to side and made totally different than the brackets for the 8" light.
                        josh,
                        email me a bologna samwich...im getting hungry

Comment

oh,
                          the brackets shown at the beginning of this thread are for the 80-81 750/1100E motorcycles.....
                          these are all by thereself and there is no interchange unless you bend up a set of brackets from a differant model...as i said, these are strange looking brackets that are differant from side to side and are hidden by the square headlite assy. so they dont have to look the same side to side.
                          and yes i know 750's have smaller diameter tubes but the brackets are made the same except in that area.
                          ok,
                          stomach growling need bologna samwich...let me check my email

Comment

and yes i know 750's have smaller diameter tubes but the brackets are made the same except in that area.
                            And so the answer is the GS750EX ears ARE DIFFERENT to the GS1100EX ears.

Comment

you are correct sir.
                              ring ring ring...is that my phone

Comment

Working...
                              X