Headlight housing mounting ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
    i have several sets of 82-83 1100E headlite brackets....
    80-81 750/1100E brackets are strange animals as they are differant from side to side and made totally different than the brackets for the 8" light.
    josh,
    email me a bologna samwich...im getting hungry
    Terry you have some 8inch headlamp bracketry ear thingies?? I need...And I will BRING you a bologna sammich...and even a glass of milk to wash it down...Lol Plus i think you might like some lettuce for that DJ kit you hooked me up with...a US Treasury Salad? LOL And i cooked my SIM card couple weeks ago, lost a bunch of numbers...you should PM me yours again boyo

Comment

So, will 80 750E ears work for him?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        So, will 80 750E ears work for him?

if he removes the rubber gromets they should fit the larger diameter tubes at the cost of some metal to metal rubbing and vibration

Comment

I think the only thing different is the fact that the 81 GS1100ex has the air adjustment for the front forks right below the ears, where the 750 does not have it so they might be longer/taller which is good because then I can swap forks with the GK that have top mounted air control

Comment

GS750==35mm forks
            GS1100==37mm forks
            GS750 EARS != GS1100 EARS

Comment

I guess we'll see how much different they are and what it will take to make them fit.

They both have different part numbers as well at the gromets.

If not, I will have something to sell to someone else

Comment

Working...
              X