No announcement yet.

Brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull the brake lever in, wrap a cord around it and let it sit overnight. This should take care of the spongy lever and it will let you know if you have a leak. You want to use new crush washers on all your bolts.

When you bleed a system with antidive you usually bleed the antidive first and then the caliper. Left antidive, then left caliper. Right antidive, then right caliper. Another option would be a block off the antidive circuit. Do a search on how to do that. None of my bikes have antidive so I'm not that familiar with all the particulars.

Another option would be to get some speed bleeders for the calipers, this may help get rid of the trapped air.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks I'll tie off the lever tonight and see what happens..

Comment

Wrapped the brake lever overnight with some blue painter's tape after bleeding them left to right on all four valves for about 45 minutes. In the morning I removed the tape and it was rock solid.

Many thanks guys!

Comment

Wrapped the brake lever overnight with some blue painter's tape after bleeding them left to right on all four valves for about 45 minutes. In the morning I removed the tape and it was rock solid.

Good job!!

Comment

I am pretty certain the rear is shot though, I used a Mighty Vac to vaccum it to the caliper, but it will not pump, the M/C sounds like it is full of grit. Probably should have checked it when I had everything else apart...

Comment

Working...
            X