'79 GS1000L side panels (covers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 GS1000L side panels (covers)

As many know, these side panels are becoming hard and harder to find for the L. I have an L project bike that is about finished. It doesn't have side covers.

How many years and models (550....1100) will fit the GS1000L? I don't even care if the replacement panels are a different color or another shape (the stock ones are a triangle), I just want a side panel that will fill the void and attach properly. So, what I mean is if a E or an S will work from a 1980 750, I am good with that I just need to know.

Thanks in advance for all advice!

Strick

I dont know if this is any help but the E will not fit the L for a 79 750---I can tell you that for sure. I got lucky and found a right side one to fit the L on Ebay. I really lucked out in that it was the exact color match to my bike as well!

Good luck

Terry
    WBL, MN

Comment

Welcome to the site. Here's how I cross reference parts......

1. Go here.....
      Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

2. Find your bike by year and model. Select the part your interested in....side covers.

3. Identify the part number and right click and copy it.

4. Go here........

5. Select Suzuki in the pulldown that says Brands.

6. Right click and paste the part number gleaned from alphasports in the space labeled Search for.

7. Click Quick lookup.

You are now greeted with every model that the part in question will fit.

How long have you been searching for side panels ? I needed them for my bike when I bought it. It took 8 months of haunting ebay and the like everyday. If you're not in a hurry, you can save quite a bit of $$ by waiting and searching for a bargain. Of course you could buy them online at +- 40 bucks each......
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I have searched off and on for a few months. I found them on e-bay once for a good price (color matched), but was not working on the GS at the time, so I didn't buy them. I guess that was a mistake. I will keep looking or buy the OEM non painted version.

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Well, I thought I would give an update. I, through some research, found out the the 1980 GS1100L side panels are the same as my '79 GS1000L. After attempting to purchase side panels on e-bay (stores) for a REASONABLE price. I resorted to ordering them through my favorite local parts store where I get a 20% discount. The side panels were under $38 a piece and NO shipping. I paid just under $80 (with tax) for NEW side panels. They are still available OEM. Yes, they are unpainted and no badges, but they are also NOT scratched or damaged or repaired.

Just a FYI for anyone interested.

Comment

Working...
          X