Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what will a broken ignition advance cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Looks like the rotor has broken loose. Can you pull it off the top?
    It wont come off. isnt the rotor supposed to lock in though not just spin all the way around? I think the little metal tab that lets it do that broke off.

Comment

Was there a rotor with the advance you bought? It locks into the notches on the pivots.
      What year 550 is the new advance coming from?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        Was there a rotor with the advance you bought? It locks into the notches on the pivots.
        What year 550 is the new advance coming from?
        a 1981 gs550l

Comment

That's a different looking rotor than used with the crank trigger plate I sent you.
          I wonder what the difference is and will the 550 rotor trigger the signal.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

That's a different looking rotor than used with the crank trigger plate I sent you.
            well, only one way to find out. Wait till it gets here and see if she works!

Comment

the one in this picture is a common 8/16 valve mechanical advancer even for 77-79 550-1000 suz. points ignitions.
              hmmm,
              the one he posted is odd looking, i have one just like it that has the odd double trigger head.
              i forget what i took it off of

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                the one in this picture is a common 8/16 valve mechanical advancer even for 77-79 550-1000 suz. points ignitions.
                hmmm,
                the one he posted is odd looking, i have one just like it that has the odd double trigger head.
                i forget what i took it off of
                Maybe a 550?

Comment

Working...
                X