Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It don't figure

Hey folks:

I've not posted for a while because my machines have been exceptionally behaved of late. However, my 80' GS750L just started doing something I can't figure out.

Episodically, when I run the bike at a good speed (65-70) for a period of 10 or 15 minutes............then shut it off and park it........when I start it back up it won't hardly run at all; it acts as if the battery is dead/bad . Now this don't happen all the time.

I replaced the ignitor, the fuse box, the battery and all fuel lines.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by dtkid View Post
    Hey folks:

I've not posted for a while because my machines have been exceptionally behaved of late. However, my 80' GS750L just started doing something I can't figure out.

Episodically, when I run the bike at a good speed (65-70) for a period of 10 or 15 minutes............then shut it off and park it........when I start it back up it won't hardly run at all; it acts as if the battery is dead/bad . Now this don't happen all the time.

I replaced the ignitor, the fuse box, the battery and all fuel lines.

Any suggestions?
    How long is it parked? If you shut it off and a moment or so later start it back up it runs good? How well does it start cold?

Comment

This only happens when the bike is only parked for a brief period; the motor still hot. the bike is never hard to start cold...rode all winter (everyday but two).

Comment

My first thought would be the valves. When was the last time they were adjusted?

Comment

Working...
        X