wire harness modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire harness modification

i have a 78 gs750 just replaced entire harness with complete uncut harness. looks like i have the two piece r/r . my questions are i connect stator wires to r/r i end up with two extra wire white red white green ? is this the circuit that flows up through lite switch ? stator wire coler are y w/g w/b regulator is y w/b w/r harness w/g w/r. the stator and r/r have spade connectors which my dad installed years ago. i will post pic later ,i just dont see answer in the spagetti mess i have there.ttfn off to work

ok finally i see the problem multiple wires make more problems. im using the original r/r ,two pieces i see how they origanlly get connected now.so with that out of the way when deleting the circuit up to the lite switch what is the correct orientation for the r/r to stator connected? with just leaving that circuit to the lite switch unhook down at the battery location is that the only place to leave alone or do i have to open up lite switch and fiddle around in there?Also will that be the only modification done to the harness or are there other mods i should be looking to do while i have the bike torn down this far? thanks to all who responded ,slowly but shurly with your help i will have my bike back up and running
    Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2009, 12:56 AM.

I'm not sure. Did all the other colors match up? Let me know if you need the wiring diagram or if you have one. I'd first look and see what isn't hooked up, then start the bike up and see what doesn't work, measure voltages, and go from there. Good luck, harnesses are NO fun!

Comment

Hi Mr. eds78,

You didn't mention a separate regulator and rectifier. Are you now using an integrated r/r unit? Here is the wiring diagram we use for Mr. duaneage's Honda r/r upgrades.

Your r/r unit may or may not have the "6th sense" wire that normally gets hooked to a switched 12v source. You may have some wires that need to be cut back and taped off if you are doing away with the separate rectifier and taking out the loop of wire that goes to a (usually) non-existent headlight switch.

Basically, the three output wires from the stator go to the three input wires of the r/r unit. The r/r unit has a ground wire and a hot (output) wire that may or may not go back into the harness, through the fusebox, eventually to the positive terminal of the battery (or the positive lug of the solenoid - electrically the same connection).

Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

also thanks Basscliff for the diagram helped out since i cant find my manual rite now . Ereckerdeet hooked it up and she ran but wires got a little hot gona make sure thats normal before i continu also i edited my post so if you all have suggestions feel free to chime on in with the help thanks guys

Comment

Hi,

This service manual should help you get to know your bike a little better.

GS750 (8-valve) Service Manual (87MB)

It's a PDF file that I have stored on my website. Just right-click and "save as...".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hello basscliff,

I have a 1983 gs1100e. I was in the process of changing the rectifier and the stator because my battery was not holding a charge. When I took off the seat, I looked down at the rectifier wiring harness and the harness was melted together. My question is, does that have to do with the system over charging or what? and have you ever seen that before, and what can I do to fix it? I hope I explained that good enough.

Thanks, Supavert

Comment

Working...
            X