Engine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Question

I am getting ready to put my rebuilt '82 gs650G engine back in the bike. When I was cleaning the oil pan I noticed a hole on the bottom side of the engine. The hole is located right under the shaft drive cover thing, (not the rubber boot, but the metal cover that you take off. Its abot 1/4 of an inch in diameter and it seems perfectly round so I know its not a puncture, and no threads for a bolt. I am wondering if there should be a rubber plug or something in there?

Thanks, Chris

R U talking about the mystery hole

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I guess it that must be it, where does it come out on the top side?

Comment

If it's what I think it is, it's a drain hole for the starter gallery.

Comment

Must be what it was. I took a large paperclip and ran it along the side and it seems to be just a solid tube upwards. Damn, guess I fell victim to the mystery hole as well. lol

Comment

I believe its a drain hole so water dont lay there under the starter. It should go all the way through the case. You got pictures of your rebuild?
            Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X