No announcement yet.

Motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it just takes practice and patients but one can remove and intall the carbs with out loosening the motor mounts. loosening the motor mounts and all related components is a ton of work to do. I rather just fight the carbs till they go in. silicon spray and a putty knife can help alot getting things to slide in. You loosened your air box and slide it as far back as you could right?
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
      it just takes practice and patients but one can remove and intall the carbs with out loosening the motor mounts. loosening the motor mounts and all related components is a ton of work to do. I rather just fight the carbs till they go in. silicon spray and a putty knife can help alot getting things to slide in. You loosened your air box and slide it as far back as you could right?
      Yes, airbox is loose. I am just looking for an easier way to do this PITA job.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

I have a snake called PITA. I have aways lossened the bolts as saves effort with bent clamps and skinned knuckles. More time less hassle. And you asked for engine mounts as there are 5. Frame mounts are 13 if your getting picky lol

Comment

Working...
        X