Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS750 motor + pods and 4-1 = carb sugestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 motor + pods and 4-1 = carb sugestions?

I have read posts about rejetting carbs after installing pod air filters and 4 into 1 headers. I just bought a kerker 4 into 1 header and would like to install pod air filters. However, I would prefer to ride my bike and really don't have time to spend doing tune and test and rejet.

Any opinions as to how stock 1100 carbs would work with this set-up? I realize that I would have to mount the carbs on the 750 rails to get the proper spacing, but I can do that on the bench before installation. Do I also need the 1100 intake "manifolds" (boots)?

Are there any other options for a "bolt on" set of carbs (GSXR?) that would have the correct spacing and provide more air/fuel to be close to rejetted 750 carbs?

if you're going to invest the time into a 4-1 and pod filters, why not go the full route and rejet? i'm in the process of doing that with one of my GS550's now...its not as scary as you think.

i have a feeling that if you try and match other carbs up to the bike its just not gonna run right. also you run into problems getting the manifold boots to fit and throttle cables to align. just doesn't seem worth that much pain when you can resolve the situation with 4 new jets for $8.

looking up a reference for what you need to jet to now:

GS750 2V -> Increase the main jet to a 115. Pilot Jet should be increased to a 17.5 and the needle may need to be raised a notch (lower clip).

hope this helps,

~Adam

Comment

Thanks. Would those settings work on a 16 valve motor?

Comment

if its a CV carb, it should be a 16 valve engine, right?

i forget what year the switch to TSCC was...

Comment

4-valve engines have different carbs and main jet than the old 2-valves.
          Stock jet on the 2-valve is 100 or 102.5 depending on the country, with pods you go to a 115, mine had 116's. Yours has about that jet to begin with!

Comment

Go with the Dynojet kit like I did years ago. Saves alot of guesswork and you get all the parts; new pilot jets, air corrector plugs, drill for the slides, and matching needles and mains. Took an afternoon taking my time and turned out fine. Only thing I don't like is a heavy crosswind will send too much air through whatever filters are pointing that way and really bogs the bike down unless I tuck my legs in tight.

I have to take my carbs off to clean them again. If you want to wait a couple days I can give you the main and pilot jet sizes, but there's more to the kit than main jets and adjustable needles. The whole kit was worth it in my opinion,plus I got the filters with it.

Comment

rejet

I concur with the advise about the Dynojet kit. I have a V&H 4into1, K&N pods, Dynojet Stage111, accel super coils...no guesswork on the jets...runs like a sexually assaulted simian.
              Mark

Comment

i believe the info i got that jet sizing from was from Vance and Hines or Dyno-Jet.

i'm using the info to rejet my GS550...so i'm hoping its right. 8O

Comment

jets

I don't think just changing the main/pilot jets (if this is what you are planning) will give you the results you desire. The kit eliminates much of the guesswork/frustrastion/swearing.

Comment

well i think the kit sucks cuz they dont offer one for my bike. :x 8O :?

Comment

Working...
                    X