Carb sync tool rental???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sync tool rental???

Anyone in the Massachusetts area near Leominster, Marlborough, or Worcester that would rent a carb sync tool to be used on a 1978 GS 750?

I am trying to work the demons out of my old bike. I rebuilt the carbs and have to balance them?

Let me know. Thanks

Tom

Good luck with this, I agree its a lot to buy one of them tools for the short amount of time you use it. I made a homemade version for like $10 in parts from the hardware store... but if I had to use it again I would make the hoses a few feet longer.

I can perhaps send you some pick but would recommend you find yourself a real one.

Comment

I know someone in the area with 1, I did his and mine. I think I can borrow it from him again, pm me and we can get together.

Comment

I've got what you may need.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
          I've got what you may need.
          He is the man with the tool.

Comment

Hey Paul,

We both could help him out. Kinda do whats been going on out on the west coast, a garage tune party!
            1979 GS850G
            2004 SV650N track bike
            2005 TT-R125 pit bike
            LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Garage tune party - East coast style.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm in Shirley MA. Not far. Sent PMs to both of you.

I have a garge to keep out the weather. The bike "tune" I plan needs a little debugging to figure out some of the quirks of the machine.

She'll start right up with the carbs rebuilt but #3 is currently cold.

I plan to re-check spark, timing, gap, compression, and vacuum.

I've had the bike forever. Hasn't been on the road since 2001. This is my first resurrection ;-) Been riding a V-strom in the meantime.

Let me know what works for you both. Otherwise I'll borrow / rent the tool if that works.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X