Starting trouble after R/R replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting trouble after R/R replacement

Just replaced my R/r and tried to start the beast. It turns over but won't catch. Carbs 2, 3, and 4 have fuel in the float bowls, # 1 doesn't. I have spark. The bike should turn over even without the #1 cylinder firing, correct? other than that, I cant think of anything else. Oh, I cleaned the Carbs using the carb rebuild instructions found on BikeCliffs page.

You need to have fuel in all the fuel bowls. Try removing the bowl and move the float, fuel should pour out. If not you'll have to remove the float and see check the needle valve.

Try spraying some carb cleaner into the air box and see if the engine will start. If it will the problem is fuel delivery, if not you've got ignition problems.

Comment

It starts! kinda......lol

Ok, so I took off #1 float bowl, while the carbs were still on the bike (not very fun/easy) I found that my floatbowl gasket, homemade with gasket material, was making the float stick in the up/closed position. Once I fixed that, it started up after a few tries. I let it idle for a little while, then jumped on and cruised the nieghborhood a bit (so fun!!), then went back to the house to put some gear on and go for an extended ride. Once I got it in the driveway and got off, the idle started going low, then it died. I tried to restart but all I got was a click, click. So something else in my charging system is screwed up, right?

Comment

Hi,

What are your Stator Paper test results?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I didn't test after I replaced th e r/r, I'll try to get to that after I go eat, I need food before I drink anymore beer lol. It just doesn't feel right to work on a vehicle without beer

Comment

Working...
          X