Calling GS1000 VM29 tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling GS1000 VM29 tuners

My bike is running as good as it has since I purchased it. But I have a little flat spot at around 7-8k rpm's. I have the VM29 carbs, with 112.5 main jets, 25 pilot jets, and needle in the middle position. I have the K&N pods, and a 4 into 1 Supertrapp pipe. I was thinking of maybe moving the needle to the second from the bottom position, to richen it a little. What do think????

Originally posted by slip View Post
    My bike is running as good as it has since I purchased it. But I have a little flat spot at around 7-8k rpm's. I have the VM29 carbs, with 112.5 main jets, 25 pilot jets, and needle in the middle position. I have the K&N pods, and a 4 into 1 Supertrapp pipe. I was thinking of maybe moving the needle to the second from the bottom position, to richen it a little. What do think????
    What throttle opening is the flat spot?
    If it is at wide open throttle, it's the main jets you need bigger, not the needle position.
    I don't know about VM 29s, but with the standard VM 26es, your mains would most likely need 115 or 117.5, maybe more.

Do the plug chops, then you will know.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      If it is at wide open throttle, it's the main jets you need bigger, not the needle position.
      I don't know about VM 29s, but with the standard VM 26es, your mains would most likely need 115 or 117.5, maybe more.

I guess I am going to have to do this, never did them before though.

Comment

we also need to know what size throttle vavle (#86 ) you have.

here is the 29's diagram

there are some setting in the lower corner, those make a good base point to work from.

#112 sound a touch small, base setting listed is 115. i think mine have 117.5 in.

try swapping out a bigger main jet and see if it helps.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
          we also need to know what size throttle vavle (#86 ) you have.

here is the 29's diagram

there are some setting in the lower corner, those make a good base point to work from.

#112 sound a touch small, base setting listed is 115. i think mine have 117.5 in.

try swapping out a bigger main jet and see if it helps.
          I will try what you are running. The bike is running good, it's just a minor spot. I forget that 8k is at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

117 on the 28 pumpers for 1000CC pods and pipe as well...the pump helps, cause on stock 26s on a 750 you end up larger on the main...

Comment

Originally posted by slip View Post
              I have a Kerker pipe with K&N pods and I run a 122.5 main and 22.5 pilot with the needle in the middle. I'm still tinkering wih the idle but the WOT is right there to the red line. 120 mains were a little lean for my bike.

Comment

Working...
              X